A BENEFIT for GRACE GASKILL and HER FAMILY
SATURDAY, OCTOBER 8 from 4 - 9 pm
Bourbon Street // 3359 W. 115th St., Merrionette Park, IL
Admission at the Door: Ages 13 & over: $25 // Ages 5-12: $15 // Under 4: free
Grace Gaskill was born on Friday, Oct. 15, 2009. She came into this world with numerous heart defects, an underdeveloped esophagus, and Down’s syndrome -- and she continues to fight because she has her parents' strong will.
Friends of the family have put together this fundraiser to help Grace and her family through the trying times ahead -- to provide Grace with the medication and therapy she needs.
As she reaches her second birthday, this is how strong Grace is:
- For the first seven weeks of her life, she was fed through a tube in her nose.
- At seven weeks, Grace underwent a second surgery to place a permanent feeding tube in her body. During this surgery several complications arose, which lead to Grace being put back on a ventilator.
- A third unplanned surgery was necessary because Grace needed a shunt placed near her heart to help it increase proper blood flow.
- Grace spent the first ten weeks of her young life in a Neonatal Intensive Care Unit, pulling through the surgeries and countless tests.
- Finally, Grace was allowed home with her parents (Chrissy and Jim) and the family.
Grace’s road to recovery is still a treacherous one.
After more than nine major surgeries, she has at least one more heart surgery in her future and extensive speech and physical therapy, which will take a heavy toll on her, as well as her family.
We ask that you and/or your business stand beside Grace and show your support during our God's Gift of Grace event.
Every donation helps. Items from your business, gift certificates, memorabilia, service or cash donations are all greatly appreciated and recognized.
Sponsorship opportunities are also available for $250.
Tax ID #27- 1957829